- 1 (.25 ounce) package active dry yeast
- 4 tablespoons white sugar
- 1/2 cup canned sweet potato puree
- 1/2 cup warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
- 3 tablespoons margarine, softened
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
Dissolve yeast and 1 tablespoon sugar in the water. Let stand 5 minutes.
Add remaining sugar, sweet potato, butter or margarine, salt, and slightly beaten eggs. Stir to mix well. Stir in 3 cups of flour. Turn out on a lightly floured surface. Knead 2 to 3 minutes, adding just enough of remaining flour to prevent sticking. Place in an oiled bowl, and turn to coat the surface. Cover, and let raise about 1 hour or longer.
Punch down, and allow dough to rest for 2 minutes. Divide into 16 to 20 balls, and place on a greased cookie sheet or in a 9x13 inch pan. Allow to rise until doubled.
Bake at 375 degrees for 12-15 minutes.