Monday, March 30, 2009

Thymely Marinated Lingcod


Dinner tonight was fresh lingcod right out of the frigid waters of the Pacific. Caught by my sweet hubby! Cooked by yours truly! Ok, a little dramatic I know; but we are a family that really appreciates fish, almost of any kind (Kyle doesn't like Eel). I served the cod with Kashi Original 7 Whole Grain Pilaf and home canned pears. Yummy! Yummy!

The Ingredients:
1/2 C. Onion, Chopped
1 t. Oil
1/2 t. Dried Thyme
1/2 t. Dried Oregano
1/2 t. Dried Rosemary
1/2 t. Pepper
1/4 t. Salt, Optional
1/2 C. Lemon Juice
1 Clove Garlic, Minced
2 lb Ling Cod Fillets, (actually you could use any firm white fish)

Combine all ingredients in a bowl and marinate ling cod for 30 minutes. Broil or barbecue until fish flakes when tested with a fork. Makes 8 servings.

Recipe by: Seafood: A Collection of Heart-Healthy Recipes From: Reggie Dwork

I actually didn't use any oil, I think the fish is oily enough. Next time I make this I think I'm going to boil the marinade after I take the fish out and use it as a sauce to mix with rice or steamed veggies.

No comments: