Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Grilled Bananas

I have not tried this yet. It sounded so yummy I had to post it just so I didn't loose the recipe before I got a chance to try it.

Ingredients:
Bananas
Brown Sugar
Lemon Juice
Cinnamon
Butter

For each, cut a banana crosswise into 1/2-inch-wide slices and place the slices in the center of an 18-inch-long piece of aluminum foil.

Sprinkle the banana with 2 teaspoons brown sugar, 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice, and a dash of cinnamon. Dot the banana with 1/2 tablespoon butter cut into pieces.

Bring the long edges of the foil together and fold them together. Crimp the short ends together above the packet to form a handle; make sure all seams are closed tightly. Use a long stick to place the packet on a warm grill or the coals of a campfire. Let it cook for 15 to 30 minutes.

Remove the packet from the heat, place it on a plate, and carefully open the foil. Let it cool. Top the banana with vanilla ice cream, if you like.

Tell me how yummy does that sound? I can't wait to try it. It almost makes me want to go camping, but lets not get out of control.

No comments: