Sunday, September 13, 2009

Sweet Potatoe Pancakes

The original recipe for this was from Jessica Seinfeld's cook book called Deceptively Delicious. I have altered it slightly. Here it is.

INGREDIENTS:
  • 1 Cup pancake mix (I used Bisquick, Krusteez whole wheat would be better)
  • 1 Cup milk
  • 1/2 Cup sweet potato puree
  • Handful or 2 of chocolate chips
  • Dash of cinnamon
  • Non-stick spray

Her whole cook book is about adding vegetable puree's to her food, a lot of the time I don't want to buy that produce, cook it, and dirty up my kitchen. I just used baby food. Sweet potato baby food. It cost me 69 cents, and there was NO mess.

Also, I personally haven't been using maple syrup, only because I don't like soggy pancakes. Instead I used butter and powdered sugar, still sweet and not soggy.
ENJOY!

No comments: